10.26.2008
Apples!
Earlier this month, our ward did an applesauce canning activity where we could buy quarts of apple sauce for $1.25. Thinking this was a deal-of-a-lifetime, I bought 12 quarts. The week after, I got a bunch of apples from Matt's grandma and grandpa Bradshaw (and thank you Lori for getting them to us!). There was no way Matt and I could eat so many apples and not have some dire consequences, so I decided to can them. So with my mom's recipe, and Matt's mom's canner, I began the chore of canning the apples. I ended up with 14 quarts of apple pie filling, 6 pints of apples, plus the 6 other jars of apple pie filling my mom gave me last month. Now, we have no where to put our 40 jars of apples. I don't know what I was thinking, but if the stores stop selling apples, we'll be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! Stacy I love it. You are such a chef. If the stores do stop selling apples, we'll know where to come ;)
Post a Comment