It's been a while since I've posted anything; we haven't had much going on and haven't had much time to sit and put things online. I'll try to catch up on some of the things we've done. This last Monday, we got together with the Sommerfeldts and made gingerbread houses. I'd never made real gingerbread before by myself, and that was an adventure. When the recipe says 6 1/2 cups of cake flour, you probably don't really need
that much real flour. Be careful. It makes your KitchenAid make funny noises.



This is my best friend, Claire. She didn't make a gingerbread house, but did sample
all of the candy to make sure it was safe to eat. : )


Laurel's house was much more artistic than ours.
See our little Santas on top? They even have sleighs. The Sommerfeldts have reindeer. We aren't as cool so we just copied their Santa and Laurel made us a sleigh. Ours is the one on the left.
No comments:
Post a Comment