So, to set this story up. I like to sleep with the window open and Stacy likes to sleep with it closed, but sometimes allows it to remain open to be able to "cuddle" with me. Well I wake up this morning at about 5am and notice the window is open and the shade is pull up a bit, and I think to myself Stacy must have wanted to cuddle last night. I asked her if she had opened the window during the night, she said no. I also told her that I had not opened either. We checked the window and the screen was still there untouched. I thought for sure that she had opened the window and did not remember doing so because I definitely didn't open the window. We both recalled that the window was closed and locked before we went to sleep. So, I begin to think that maybe there is someone in our house. So I grab the pole that I have under my bed, a rather unintimidating piece of wood (this is where Jake's gun would have come in handy). Its a pole used for attaching paint rollers at the end and painting ceilings. In a cowardly manner I check all the rooms and closets. Thank goodness there wasn't a burglar or I would have had to take action with my paint stick, maybe I would have painted him to death from a distance.
Well, the only thing that we can think of is that one of us sleepwalked during the night and opened the window. Why we would do this, we don't know. If there are any other ideas as to what occurred, please give them to us
4 comments:
Ghosts. Maybe a desert form of bigfoot. Or a leprechaun.
Ha! Excellent narration Matt. I think your neighbor across the street with the security cameras was coming to check on you.
hahaha! I can totally imagine you guys grabbing the painting pole and going through the house! hahah!
It was Stacy. I was her roommate for a year, remember? And I can't tell you all the times I woke up to her sleep talking or walking around. Totally Stacy.
Post a Comment