he he. There's this store right by us called Stool and Dinette and every time we drive by it I think of all the other names they could have called it.
On to the real reason for this post...last weekend I went garage sale shopping with Brooke, and we had a pretty good time. I found some toys and books for Graham, and some bar stools! They were $5 each, but I had to buy 3. : (
I was excited when I saw them, but the guy that sold them to me was kind of strange. He was one of those people who tries to be funny at every moment, but they really aren't funny. For example, he tried to give me change in Monopoly money. I know he had been planning that all week and was doing it to everyone that tried to buy something from him. Then he told me his name was Javier, which it wasn't. I could only get a few home at a time, so he was going to hold the other ones for me, and I tried to tell him my name so they knew who was coming back.
Anyway, this is what they looked like before. A little rough.
But it wasn't anything a nice coat of Gripper and some paint couldn't fix. I even had a chance to do one of my favorite things: glaze. So fun. There's nothing like taking a nice, clean paint job and making it look old and dirty.
I wanted to put wreaths on the back of them...but no one has small, red wreaths. I also saw some stools on a blog where a lady put vinyl numbers on the back of them. Cute. So I compromised. Hanging numbers. Maybe they'll stay, maybe they'll be replaced. Who knows. But they add some nice seats to our kitchen. : )
2 comments:
Your stools look A-mazing! Way to go! And I love the numbers. They are super, super cute.
Those are so cute!
Post a Comment