2.21.2013

happy valentine's day!




We made some Valentines to send to grandparents a few days before.



For breakfast I attempted to make homemade donuts.  Yowsers, I had no idea how long it takes to make a batch of donuts.  But I made them all in hearts, and they turned out pretty good.  One of the batches I tried to rise in the oven on low heat, and they ended up a little funny.  But throw some sugar on them, and they're just as good.  During breakfast we opened our Valentines from grandparents.  The boys got the cutest books.  What was especially funny was my parents sent If you Give a Dog a Donut, which we read while eating donuts.




For lunch Graham enjoyed himself a heart-shaped grilled cheese.


And for dinner I made homemeade heart-shaped ravioli.  I'd never made homemade pasta before, and they turned out pretty good.  Too bad I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  Oops.


Graham likes his ravioli sauce-less.  (I guess I did get one picture...kind of.  There's a ravioli on the plate there...)


Mason did some light reading while we ate.


Stop the cuteness.  Are you kidding me?  Look at him.  


1 comment:

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Hey there... you can email me at jessicadahlquist@gmail.com. We have lived in SD our whole lives and would be happy to give you some insights into neighborhoods and whatnot.