This year for the 4th of July we celebrated with some pretty fun activities. There wasn't ever any really good events happening in Arizona, mostly because it's just too hot. Matt had to work during the day so the boys and I started the day at our stake pancake breakfast and bike parade. The night before the 4th Matt and Graham decorated his trike. At the actual parade Graham was more concerned with watching the other kids ride their bikes than actually riding his own. He had to be pushed around the church building and did very little pedaling.
After the breakfast the boys and I headed to Old Poway train park to ride the steam engine and participate in the festivities there. Graham loves the train, and try as I might, I can't ever get a picture of the two of them sitting together, looking at the camera, and acting happy.
This is the best we could get.
But the train is so fun and the boys had a blast.
Before we headed home, I asked Graham what he wanted for a special treat and he requested popcorn. So we got some popcorn and lemonade. We put some in Mason's cup, and he sucked it down. Nothing like lemonade on a hot summer day.
That night, after Matt got home, we went to the stake center to watch the fireworks from the nearby high school.
{mason just throwin' out some texts to his buddies}
Mason kept ooohing and ahhing the fireworks. He was pretty funny.

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun 4th! My sister lives just outside of San Diego and goes to that train museum all of the time. Her son just loves it!
Post a Comment