8.20.2009

Dishwasher

For the first time since we've been married, we now have a dishwasher. It's the most amazing thing in the world. Despite it's wonderfulness, it was white. Note how I stress the word was. I was talking to Laurel one day and she was telling me about how on Design to Sell, they put stainless-steel contact paper on a dishwasher. Brilliant. She then told me about the wonderful world of spray paints and all the things they are made for now. Glorious. So, after a trip to home depot, and $17, we have a better dishwasher. You be the judge.

Before: (well, after I started dismantling it...)



During:


After:

9 comments:

Taralee said...

that is amazing!

Shelly said...

You're so crafty! Good luck with teaching down there, when do you start?

Marya said...

I am impressed!

Brooke said...

Stacy! You are GOOD. I can't wait to see it in person. Looks like the real thing to me. Your sweat equity is rising by the minute.

The Sommerfeldt Family said...

I love it! How did you do the dial thing? We have a white dishwasher and now I think I'm going to do it too, I didn't think it would work with a white one, love it!

Mandy said...

That is incredible. It looks great!

Amy said...

WOW Stace! I am IMPRESSED!! Looks gorgeous!

MomBetty said...

You would make cousin Stephanie proud. Good going.

Aunt Betty

Stephanie said...

Stacey, I am VERY impressed! I too watch all those HGTV shows and think, hey, I can do that. Now I'm wondering how I can turn my white wall oven into a stainless one. I noticed your fridge...that was my runner up selection (and if the Sears outlet had had it with the door opening the other way, I probably would have gone with it), but I bought a different one (and while I was there, I ended up with a new dishwasher too :)