5.14.2011

reading for leisure: a confession

I have never read Pride and Prejudice.  There, I feel better now.  Shameful, you might be thinking, since I was an English major, and high school English teacher.  My least favorite class or set of classes was British lit.  zzzzzzzz.  Sorry I fell asleep just typing that.  : /  American lit was more my style, and world lit wasn't even that bad.  I would try to get my students to feel the same excitement for some of my favorite reads, but I think I may have sent some of them into a depressed state when we read things like Of Mice and Men, and Death of a Salesman (my fav) back to back.  They would always end up begging for a story with a happy ending.

Anyway, I digress.  I wanted to share with you something I read on Thursday....



LOVED it.  It was a very leisurely read, and I couldn't put it down.  I had to, though, when Graham was awake.  But I read while he was sleeping and stayed up late reading.  I finished it in one day.  It is such a cute story.  If you haven't read it or heard of it, it's a true story about a city girl who meets a handsome cowboy she calls Marlboro Man.  It's the story of them dating and getting married.  Way cute, very clean, and too funny.  I did find myself ready for the story to progress when it got the point where they were getting married...there were a lot of pages of her swooning over her handsome cowboy.  But other than that, it was great.  I have to slowly remind myself that I enjoy reading, especially now that I don't have to read The Count of Monte Cristo, Anthem, or Huck Finn for the umpteenth time.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

i loved the book of mice and men!!! it was really good! and super sad :( but i dont think ive met someone thats hated it! :)