The end of medical school is so close it's becoming quite frightening. I don't know how we made it this far so quickly...it seems like we just got here. But to celebrate being nearly done with school, we took a trip to San Diego with our best Midwestern friends and lived it up for a few days. : ) Special thanks to Troy and Brooke Bushman, Johnny and Megan Tefteller, and Sam and Heather Ashby. We had a lot of fun!
We made a few trips to the park where the boys played catch.
and Graham chased seagulls.
{not pictured}
Not pictured is Sunday, which may or may not have been the most eventful day of the whole trip. We started out the day with a nice breakfast and headed to church. The ward in La Jolla is rumored to be the ward Mitt Romney attends when he is visiting his beach home there. We (and when I say we I mean Troy and Matt) were really hoping for a Mitt sighting. (Okay, so maybe we all were hoping, but some more than others. Ha ha.) We showed up a few minutes late, and sat on the front row. A few minutes later, Heather taps me and says, "Romney," and points to the glass door that lead to the outside. There was Romney heading into church. You should have seen us. A little too giddy for church, probably. Afterwards, Matt and Troy went up to meet Mr. Romney, and a few more of us said hello. Not too shabby of a day for a bunch of Romney supporters. : )
After church we went out to our car and it wouldn't start. Nice. After all the men checked it out, a quick trip to O'Riley, a little metal piece on the car battery was replaced, and we were on our way. Battery acid had build up and eroded away the cable that hooks to the battery.
At lunch time, we were visited by the owner/neighbor's slightly alarmingly intoxicated visitor. She made it to the house we were staying at en route to finding her car on her own, which by the way, she shouldn't have been driving.
{beach day}
Monday we went to the beach. It was quite lovely, although just a little chilly.
The boys had a foot race, the Feats of Strength or something.
Then the little boys wanted to race. Cute.
Mason and Clara
Mason and Jackson
We played some games while the kids were sleeping.
Mason, Jackson, and James
...and a few cartoons
The wives...proof that we were actually there. : ) Not just taking pictures. Megan Tefteller, Heather Ashby, Brooke Bushman, and me!
All the kiddos and one very sad Graham. Mason, Graham, Luke, Connor, Clara, Jackson, James.
3 comments:
You are so on top of it! Way to go Stacy! I might need to steal a few of these photos for our blog post. Which I should really get working on. I'm loving your photography skills. :) It was such a fun trip! I'm so glad we did it.
Fun trip. Mitt's son was just named to our stake presidency last weekend and so Mitt was there when he got called. Glad you had fun with all your friends.
Love your pictures! I'm so glad we were able to take this trip and hang out before we all start our new adventures. :) P.S. I hope you don't care if I still some pics too!
Post a Comment