7.24.2014

happy 4th!



We had a pretty fun and low-key 4th of July this year.  We had Hannah in town so she got to celebrate it with us.  We went swimming, Matt and Hannah played tennis, and we grilled up some dinner.  










We saw fireworks twice this year, once on the 3rd and then again on the 4th.  The city held their fireworks on the 3rd, so we were able to watch them from our church parking lot.  On the 4th, we watched the fireworks at Camp Pendleton.  The fireworks were being set off from the beach, and the place to see them was on the beach as well.  Instead of going over to the beach, we decided to watch them from the Naval hospital for a few different reasons: 1.  The view was pretty good.  The hospital overlooks the ocean.  Not a bad set up.  2.  It wasn't nearly as busy, so if I went into labor, we weren't stuck in traffic.  (There's only one road that leads to the beach and it's a two lane street.)  I'm pleased to report that I wasn't the only very pregnant girl watching the fireworks from the hospital.  I saw at least three others.  : )  The boys loved the fireworks, though.  Especially Mason.



No comments: