6.11.2016

The week before the twins were born...

Before we get to the babies' birth story, we might focus on the week leading up to their birth.  It was, needless to say, eventful.  Saturday, February 6th started off normal, but Elsie quickly came down with a stomach bug.  She spent the large majority of the day throwing up.  Matt had left town on a camp out, and returned late Saturday afternoon.  By then we'd been cleaning up throw up all day.  Poor Elsie.  The next day, Sunday, I was supposed to teach Relief Society, but because Elsie was sick, and Matt had a lesson in Young Men's planned out that involved the parents of the youth, I opted to stay home with Elsie.  By Sunday night she was doing much better. Monday morning I woke up feeling ill. I spent all day tired and queasy. Tuesday I was feeling better, and the kids all seemed to be doing okay. Late Tuesday night, however, Graham threw up in his bed. A few hours later, Mason came into our room and said he "needed to burp." We spent the night cleaning up after sick kids. On Wednesday, our house looked like an infirmary. Both boys were on the couch and we had blankets and barf bowls everywhere. It was ugly.  Wednesday late morning, I started having contractions that were somewhat bothersome. I tried to chalk it up to me having to run sick kids to the bathroom or sink every little while. By Wednesday night we were all spent. Matt stayed home from mutual, and helped with the kids. I couldn't clean up any more throw up, and tried to rest and drink lots of fluids to get the contractions to stop. By this time Graham was doing better, although he had developed a fever. Mason was still sick, and would be sick through the weekend. Graham's fever broke sometime Thursday morning.



And this takes us to the birth story...

No comments: