2.23.2009

Meet the Birdie Sling

On Valentines day, Matt and I went up to West Jordan to help Matt's parents put insulation in the garage of their new house. Afterward, we went up to Gardner Village and looked around. There is this really fun fabric store that has lots of cute fabric and patterns. I found a pattern for a bag, and ta-da! Here it is!

It looks a little lop-sided here, but it really isn't. It was slouching for its photo shoot.

I think my favorite thing about it is that it has one very wide handle.


But I also like that it's very big. Now my bag collection is getting a little out of hand. You can never have too many though, right? That's what I keep telling Matt, but he doesn't buy it. : )

5 comments:

Kelli Serafine said...

I completely agree! I think I only have 3, but I'm working on it. One day Matt will see the need to have lots of bags and he'll appreciate it. In the mean time everytime he asks for gum just remind him that that gum has been carried in the bag that he doesn't appreciate.

Lori Serafine said...

Oh my goodness Stacy, that bag is adorable. I can't believe you made it so fast. You are so talented! Have you thought about a man purse for Matthew? Maybe he is just jealous.

Christy and Tyson said...

Can I just say 'I wish I were you'? It pretty much takes me three hours to sew a button onto one of Tyson's shirts. What am I going to do when you move to Arizona and aren't around to make me hooter hiders?

The Sommerfeldt Family said...

That turned out so cute! I love the fabric! It looks just like the pattern, have you thought about quitting your day job?

Brooke said...

You are quite domestic. I'm impressed with your sewing skills! I love the fabric too. You are talented. I agree with Laurel.