2.09.2009

Peoria

Well, one of these days I'll put some pictures on our blog. We haven't been doing much, and by much I mean anything. We go to work, go grocery shopping, watch TV, watch Matt play sports, and look for houses online. We did buy a new ottoman, so I'll put a picture of that. Anyway, we've been doing some extensive research on Arizona: where to live, where the gangs are, where the drug dealers are, and such. We've chosen a place that we'll probably live--Peoria. We've found some really great houses there, and at first I was really excited. Last week, I started doing more reasearch on crime and gangs, and I suddenly became terrified to move to such a big city! Matt talked to a guy at work that said to stay away from west Phoenix. That's where all the gangs are. I'm convinced that all of Arizona (or at least Phoenix) is gang-ridden and quite comparable to Gotham City. All I need is Batman and I'll feel safe. Saturday I did some more research and discovered that Peoria is the location for spring training for both the Padres and the Mariners! Alas, I am no longer afraid. I also found out that Peoria was ranked in the top 100 places to live by Money Magazine last summer, and ranked higher than Orem and Sandy! I figure if Peoria comes in higher than Orem, they must be doing something right.

2 comments:

Krislyn Wessel said...

My brother and his family live in Mesa and they absolutely love it :)

Jessica said...

Ah! That is exactly how we felt about moving to Michigan (Detroit area). You never know what to expect. One tip we found helpful: contact the bishop out there and ask for suggestions on where to live. Some areas are better than others. That helped us out a ton.

Good luck!