For those of you who know a little more Spanish than "hay muchos tacos en Mexico,""Una cerveza para mi," and "Feliz Navidad," you may actually understand what actually transpired in an interview between me and Gloria Carmona in the highly viewed Enlace Seminal. Now whether or not I made any sense in a topic of my expertise of la obesidad infantil is a whole other story (of which according to an earlier post by brad that stated that I occasionally poked fun of the husky pants that he wore as a youth). Some of you might recognize my shirt from my I.D. card from my junior year of high school, it was purchased between my sophomore and junior year and I think that it was my first Nautica shirt; I have not thrown it away because it still fits me. It is my golden boy.
For some background of how I ended up on this show, I was at work one day and my boss inquired whether or not I would help with a small interview in Spanish. I said yes and didn’t think much of it. Well, a few weeks, I found out that I would being go up to Salt Lake City to do the interview during the day, which of course I was on the clock for. The interview was supposed to be about childhood obesity. I asked the lady from the hospital that was in charge of putting this all together whether or not there were questions that I could review before going up there. I was told that they did not have any. Well, when I showed up to their little studio I received the list of questions that were supposedly sent to the lady at the hospital. So I quickly whipped up a few answers and translated them into Spanish in my head. It was kind of an awkward interview because I had to look into a camera lens, there were hot, bright lights all around me, and Gloria was in L.A. speaking to me on the phone. Needless to say it’s hard enough to understand the Hispanics in person, let alone on a poorly connected land line. Well, I have a few different videos that should include most everything that I said. The last question was really bad, I forgot what I was going to say and I look like a fool. But it is funny.
4.18.2009
Que hora es?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Que famoso eres. Yo entendi perfectamente la entrevista y estoy orgullosa de ti. Parece como doctor aun que no has ido a la escuela toda via. Estoy de acuerdo contigo que los padres son ejemplos por los ninos y necesitan apagar la television para que los ninos puedan jugar y hacer ejercicio. Que chistoso que escogiste a ti. Felicidades. Esta entrevista empezara tu futuro en la escuela medica. te deseo lo mejor. jaja.
I think that is the shirt that you wore for you 11th grade picture. Am I mistaken?
I have no idea what you said, so it sounded like a great interview to me. How crazy was that to see yourself on TV?
Mandy
Post a Comment