
For the past few months Stacy has been complaining how her teeth have been hurting and that she thinks that her wisdom teeth are coming through. Well, a couple of weeks ago the teeth broke the through the gums and Stacy has been able to chew through leafy green foods like a cow eats grass. Her extra set of chompers have come in handy, but they say that you are supposed to get them out at some point in your youth. I don’t really know who ‘they’ are, but ‘they’ are making a lot of money. I don’t think that Charles Darwin would be happy to find out that we are taking everyone’s wisdom teeth out. Nature has selected us to have wisdom teeth and we should probably keep them. It is our sense of human nature that has sustained us as a people for the past 5 thousand years (7 thousand years – even better).
Anyway, they took them out and they must have not been that bad, because the oral surgeon was in there for about 10 minutes yanking them out (so lets see, 1400 dollars for maybe a total of 20 minutes of work, that equals 4200 bucks an hour, I would like to see a lawyer bill that much an hour). She was loopy for the first day and pretty out of it. After sleeping until 10 o’clock the next morning she woke up to a swollen left cheek, she came to call herself, Quasimodo, aka the hunch back of Notre Dame (because of the lopsidedness of his face). I will let you be the judge. But she is doing much better, the pain is subsiding, and the swelling is going down. She can’t wait to start eating normal foods again; her diet has consisted of instant potatoes, pudding, jello, and ice cream. Before the surgery she was pretty excited to be on this diet for a whole week, but at this point I don’t think that she could eat another spoonful of Idahoan instant spuds.
Anyway, they took them out and they must have not been that bad, because the oral surgeon was in there for about 10 minutes yanking them out (so lets see, 1400 dollars for maybe a total of 20 minutes of work, that equals 4200 bucks an hour, I would like to see a lawyer bill that much an hour). She was loopy for the first day and pretty out of it. After sleeping until 10 o’clock the next morning she woke up to a swollen left cheek, she came to call herself, Quasimodo, aka the hunch back of Notre Dame (because of the lopsidedness of his face). I will let you be the judge. But she is doing much better, the pain is subsiding, and the swelling is going down. She can’t wait to start eating normal foods again; her diet has consisted of instant potatoes, pudding, jello, and ice cream. Before the surgery she was pretty excited to be on this diet for a whole week, but at this point I don’t think that she could eat another spoonful of Idahoan instant spuds.
5 comments:
Stacy- you can't even tell you got your wisdom teeth out. We all looked like chipmunks...seriously. Hope you're doing better!
Poor Stacy. I think you actually look really good for just getting your wisdom teeth out. Did you get the laughing gas? I loved the laughing gas.
Mandy
You look much better than the hunchback! Hope you get feeling better soon. :)
I think you look great! Hope you get to feeling better soon.
My advice: eat all the ice cream you can!
Hey Stacy and Matt I have one quetion for you guys... My i ask why you put that ugly thing on your blog (and i dont mean stacy)well i love you both and i'll see you later love, hannah!
Post a Comment