7.16.2012

6 years (has it really been that many?)




This weekend we celebrated our 6th anniversary!  6 years seems crazy.  It's hard to believe that 6 years have gone by so quickly.  As an anniversary gift, Matt made me the best little slideshow.  He worked so hard on it and I love it so much.  It was so sweet of him and it was fun to see all the old pictures of us.  The only bad thing about it, though, is that while it was already very touching and making me tear up, Matt had to put it to Josh Groban music, which makes me weep anyway.  Silly Josh Groban.  Never listen to Josh Groban unless you have a box of tissues nearby.  Even if you listen to it while sweeping the floor.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Me neither.  Ha ha.

To celebrate we went to the Cheesecake Factory and ate a month's worth of fat and calories, and boy, was it worth it.  We really did have a nice time, and our dear friend Brooke was kind and watched Graham for us for a few hours.  Thanks Brooke!  : )  Although anniversaries are fun to celebrate and reminisce our wedding day, the best part is that I get to be married to the best guy ever for whats now been six years going on eternity.  




Here are a few pictures from the slideshow that I hadn't seen in years.  A little blast from the past, if you will. Brooke and I were joking about how in old pictures we always look so young and skinny.  We're not quite sure what happened since then... ha ha ha.


circa 2006
This is us on our first day in our new apartment.  We were just about to open wedding gifts.  I had never seen this picture-my mom emailed it to Matt, and I love it.  See how skinny and tan we are?  Like I said, I don't know what happened.   


2006
The night before our wedding we had a "rib-fest" in my parents back yard. 


And we lit fireworks.  


circa 2005
Who is that young kid? 


2006

6 comments:

Allison Serafine said...

I can't get over how young you look in those pre-wedding pictures! Not that you don't look young now, I mean... you just looked extra young

Brooke said...

I really REALLY liked this post. :) You guys look great! I agree, very tan and skinny. I love looking at old photos. And, I'm glad to know Josh Groban makes you tear up too. I don't remember either of us crying at the concert though, so I guess we have some self-control! Ha.

Stephanie said...

Oooh, I remember the rib fest! We should do that again. Happy Anniversary :)

Megan T. said...

Happy Anniversary! You still look young and beautiful, you make being pregnant look good! : ) I didn't know Matt's hair was curly/wavy?!

Unknown said...

Haha Stacy you've always been skinny! :) i LOVE this post!!

Lisa said...

You two were and are adorable! It just goes by faster and faster so enjoy it!!