...and we're kind of just sitting around changing oxygen into carbon dioxide. Well, not really, but it feels that way as we wait and wait for this baby to make its appearance in the world. I'm already a week over when I had Graham, and the anticipation is killing us. In the meantime, though, we have a few things we've been working on...
thing #1: the Maclaren. Nice, huh? We wanted a double stroller, but didn't want a regular huge two-seater. A side-by-side appealed to us, but learning from using our single umbrella stroller, we knew we wanted a heavier one with baskets and reclining seats. Our stroller we use with Graham is great, but I can't hang my bag on the back without it falling backward, even when Graham is in it sometimes. We also didn't want a sit and stand; I always feel bad for the kid who gets stuck standing...won't his legs get tired? I know mine would. So we started looking on Craigslist, and found a gem! This one is a few years old, but it cleaned up very well and is going to be perfect. The family had it listed for $95 for a week, and then one day they re-listed it at $65. When we went to go look at it, we offered them $40, and they said yes! We packed the stroller up and headed out of there before they could change their minds. We're excited to use it...I think it will be nice.
I've also been working on a quilt. I made Graham a strip quilt before he was born, and I wanted another for this baby, and one that would match. I have the hardest time finding fabric with navy and white, but I got lucky and found some good prints, I think. (On a side note, when I was looking for fabric for Graham's quilt, we had to go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Nobody carries navy and white fabric that isn't flowers and swirlies.)
quilting...
and finished! It's perfect. The colors and patterns are a little different than Graham's, but they go together very well.





No comments:
Post a Comment