While Matt was doing his rotation in Virginia, he had a day off and decided to take advantage of his location. He headed up to Washington, D.C. for a day and saw as many touristy things he could fit into an afternoon.
He visited the Air and Space Museum
The Capitol

The Lincoln Memorial (don't you like how there's someone taking those ladies' picture within this picture? ha ha)
The Museum of Natural History
And to finish his day, he went to Georgetown Cupcake. Mostly per my recommendation, and in my stead, but I was extremely jealous. But how good is Matt to go stand in a long line at a cupcake store? He's the best. He even took lots of pictures for me.
The best part? He brought me some cupcakes! I have yet to eat them, because they for sure have all sorts of dairy in them, but they are sitting in my freezer in their little pink box patiently waiting for Mason to decide he's okay with dairy. In case you're wondering, Matt brought me a red velvet and a pumpkin spice. I can't wait.
I've never been back east, so I was a little jealous that day as he was calling me from different locations and sending me pictures of cool buildings and cupcakes.
















No comments:
Post a Comment