This post is all for Mason. Mason is just about the cutest little chubby baby ever. At his two month appointment, we weighed in at 13 lbs! He was gaining about 2 oz a day...he wasn't starving. At two months and two weeks, though, we feel like we've finally made it to the point where we can talk about how fussy he was instead of how fussy he is. But however much Mason lacks in contentedness, he more than makes up for in cuteness.
And see? He smiles. Cute. If babies could talk, Mason would have been telling us all along that his tummy hurt. Poor kid. I'd like to say, "It all started when..." but I can't really think of how it all started. Mason just cried. All the time. At his two week appointment, we brought it up with his pediatrician, and she said to give it some time, it might just be him getting used to the milk, and it should pass. No such luck. Poor little guy was furious. If he wasn't being held and bounced and bounced and bounced, he was screaming. We thought we'd try everything we could to help him out, so I stopped eating dairy and chocolate. After a few days, Mason seemed to be improving a little. (Little did I know that nearly everything has dairy in it, so I wasn't completely dairy-free). I wasn't completely convinced it wasn't just a coincidence, I started eating dairy again, and did so for four days. Mason screamed the whole time. Through the second day after stopping dairy again, he screamed all morning and all night. Poor kid. Once I realized that milk is hiding in everything, and stopped eating it, Mason started improving again. Right around his blessing day is when he started doing better.
(This Baby Bjorn is the best $5 I ever spent. : ) Pretty good garage sale find.)
(story continued...) Then shortly after the blessing, Matt left for Virginia to do an audition rotation. I stayed home with the boys. The good thing is that the rotation was only two weeks. The bad thing was Mason was still mad. And let me know it. Cried and cried. Maybe he missed his daddy. But by the end of those two weeks, I could not stand up straight. I bounced and rocked 24/7 for two weeks with no breaks, and I was paying for it. The first thing I did when Matt got home was take a nap.
At his two month appointment, we needed some relief for the poor little guy. His pediatrician gave us some prilosec. Thank goodness. Now we've got him on a new feeding schedule and some good meds, and he's doing so much better. We've been able to set him down and leave him and he doesn't scream. So nice. Like today, I set him on a blanket and vacuumed.
But even though he's been fussy, he's pretty much the cutest little guy. We sure love him, and are looking forward to days of happy babies. : )
(Don't you just love his little man clothes? Look at those jeans. Skinnies. : ) )







4 comments:
Stacy! I had no idea the little man was having such a hard time. That is so sad. I'm sorry you had to survive all the way until the 2 month appt. to get some relief, and while you were by yourself too! I hope he just keeps getting better for you. He is soooo cute!
Skinny jeans! Oh man, now I need to go find some of those--those are so so cute. So is Mason allergic to something or is he colicky? I'm so nervous I'll have a colicky baby, since my sister-in-law had a colicky baby and almost didn't have another baby because of it. I'm glad you can still think he's cute :)
He may be some of both. It could be that he's now coming out of the colic, since he's 10 weeks old, or it could be that the medicine is helping, along with the feeding schedule. We don't know if he has a full-blown allergy to milk, but it definitely affects him, and he'll most likely outgrow it. We never tested him for the allergy, we'll just stick with a dairy-free diet for a while. And don't be nervous about having a colicky baby. : ) Some babies are fussy, and some aren't. If they are fussy, the'll grow out of it, but either way, they're pretty stinkin' sweet. : )
Oh guys, I am sorry! Camden was a big cry-er, and it was one of the hardest things we've been through! I hope he keeps improving. And you're right, he is super cute... that helps! Love all the pictures!
Post a Comment