3.18.2011

Graham's very first library books



This week Graham and I went to the library and checked out some books. Previously, I was a little disappointed with our library-it didn't seem like it really had that many books. But I had never been to the children's section. They had tons of books! It was a lot of fun. The best thing about books is when you read them to Graham, he looks at the pictures and quietly listens! Super cute.

I also checked out a few books...


This books is a lot of fun! Each recipe has pureed vegetables in it, which is a genius way to get more nutrients into everyday food. The other day I made chicken salad that had cauliflower puree in it. Sneaky.



This book has tons of bread recipes in it...hence the name. I made focaccia bread this week which was pretty amusing. The dough has a lot of water in it, so it starts out as a pancake-batter consistency. Then you beat it in the Kitchenaid for half an hour! At first it sounds like shlopy batter and then all of a sudden it starts to get stringy, and then magically turns into a smooth, shiny ball in a matter of seconds. It's about the texture of melted cheese, but when you bake it it makes really yummy bread. Pretty amazing.



I also checked out this one. Sleep training? Yikes. Graham sleeps really well at night, but sometimes refuses to take a nap or nap longer than 20 minutes. Let's just say I'm not a fan of nap training right now. I'll let you know how it turns out. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Heather Ashby said...

I have the same book and similar sleep issues. Let me know how it goes. I wish I had advice for you.

jenkins family said...

You're a cute mom, taking him to the library already! And I own that last book... I can't really remember the nap tricks for that stage, but I like the book and still look at it a lot for tips! Good luck :)

TheLangs said...

Adam loves his white noise. He naps for about 1.5 to 2 hours. I read that book. Great information!